If charged with Federal Racketeering or RICO charges you are facing tough sentences which include prison time.
In 1970, the Federal Government enacted the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO). RICO prohibits a person from utilizing a pattern of unlawful activities to infiltrate an interstate enterprise. Under U.S.C. §1961, a RICO indictment must include the following elements:
- That a “person”, or any individual or entity capable of holding the legal or beneficial interest in a property
- Has utilized a “pattern of racketeering activity” or the proceeds thereof
- To infiltrate an interstate “enterprise”
- By (a) Investing the income derived from the pattern of racketeering activity in the enterprise; (b) acquiring or maintaining an interest in the enterprise through the pattern of racketeering activity; (c) conducting affairs of the enterprise through the pattern of racketeering activity; or (d) conspiring to commit any of the above acts.
You stand no chance against prosecution without a top-notch Criminal Defense Law Firm acting in your defense, who is experienced in defending Federal charges of Racketeering.
The Law Offices of David M. Cantor is AV® rated and is listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers®, Criminal Law Section. David M. Cantor is an Expert Criminal Defense Lawyer and has a proven track record in defense of Racketeering.
Racketeering or Illegally Conducting An Enterprise Sentences
Federal sentencing guidelines assign a numerical offense level – ranging from number one to 43 for every Federal offense. Level one is the lowest, and level 43 is the highest. Typically, a level 43 offense will result in life in prison. Racketeering or Illegally Conducting An Enterprise offenses are automatically given a base offense level of 19.
Since, sentences for Racketeering or Illegally Conducting An Enterprise vary, to determine your range of sentencing, please contact The Law Offices of David M. Cantor to review your case specifics.
The Criminal Trial Lawyers at The Law Offices of David M. Cantor take pride in knowing more about defending RICO Charges than prosecutors and police officers. The Law Offices of David M. Cantor will be “Beyond Aggressive” in your defense against these serious allegations. Some possible defenses are:
- A Criminal Enterprise Did Not Exist
- Lack of Connection
- Lack of Conspiracy
- Miranda Rights Violation
- Denial of Right To Counsel
A conviction of Racketeering or Illegally Conducting An Enterprise has lifelong consequences. You cannot afford to be represented by anyone less than the best Criminal Defense Attorneys.
What is Your Freedom Worth To You? Call The Law Offices of David M. Cantor at 602-307-0808 or Contact Us For a Free Case Consultation.
For more information about charges of RICO / Illegally Conducting An Enterprise, please refer to our parent site for The Law Offices of David M. Cantor.